Apply Now: Regents Physician Loan Forgiveness Program; Deadline July 2
March 13, 2018 - The Regents Physician Loan Forgiveness Program can award up to 80 applicants up to $10,000 per year for two years; if they meet the eligibility criteria. The deadline is July 2, 2018.
To be considered for a Regents Physician Loan Forgiveness Award, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Applicants must be licensed to practice medicine in New York State.
2. Applicants must have completed a professional residency program within the five years immediately preceding the period for which the first award would be granted or will complete training in 2018 in an accredited residency program in family practice, pediatrics, internal medicine, emergency medicine or obstetrics. Psychiatry is also considered primary care in certain State facilities.
3. Applicants must be residents of New York State.
4. Applicants must also be: citizens of the United States, or aliens lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States, or individuals of a class of refugees paroled by the Attorney General of the United States under the parole authority pertaining to the admission of aliens to the United States.
5. Applicants cannot currently be a recipient of any of the Federal Loan Physician Repayment Award programs.
Information and application forms can be found here.